Recipe by Gareth Davies of Social Food Project
4 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 thyme sprigs
¼ bunch sage leaves whole
2 tbsp capers
4 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
How to make it
- Remove tenderloin from the fridge about 15-20 minutes before cooking to bring meat to room temperature.
- In a shallow dish add a few tbsp of olive oil, salt and ground black pepper, then place the venison in the dish.
- Heat a thick cast iron pan to high temperature.
- Place the fillet on the hot pan, after 3 minutes turn and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put in the butter, garlic, thyme and baste the fillet for another minute.
- Remove the fillet from the pan and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sage leaves and capers to the pan and fry in the butter until crispy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add parsley and seasoning.
- Slice the tenderloin into medallions and pour over the butter and sauce garnished with the crispy garlic, sage and capers.
Wild Venison Burger
Venison Cottage Pie
Thai Style Venison Larb
Charcoal Grilled Topside with Peperonata and Chimichurri
Venison Neck Tacos
Roast Venison Shoulder