Slow Cooked Wild Venison Chipotle Neck Tacos
Eat with freshly made tortillas, your favourite hot sauce, chopped onion and coriander and lime.
1 venison neck
1.5 L chicken stock
20g duck fat
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp salt
1 head garlic
2 tbsp smoked chipotle
50ml red wine vinegar
How to make it
- Add all spices, salt and oil and rub over neck. Marinate overnight.
- Heat up large braising pot with duck fat. Seal off neck, making sure you get a nice even caramelisation. Cover with stock garlic and onion.
- Heat up to boil and simmer for 3 hours or until soft and tender.
- Take neck out of liquid and lay on a board, bone side facing up. Once cool enough pull the meat apart and gently remove the bones and thick fat line. Don’t pull all the meat, you want it in big chunks.
- Meanwhile strain liquid and reduce on a simmer.
- Reduce until liquid is thickened then add chipotle and vinegar. Add salt if it needs it.
- Add the meat back in and turn off.
- Eat with freshly made tortillas, your favourite hot sauce, chopped onion and coriander and lime.
Wild Venison Burger
Wild Venison Cottage Pie
Wild Venison Swedish Meatballs
Braised Venison Shoulder Dinner
Braised Wild Venison Shoulder
venison pot roast pack
Wild Venison Ragu with Pappardelle
Venison Pad Kra Pow
Thai Style Wild Venison Larb
Braised Shoulder Flatbreads