Pad kra pow
Thai recipe for stir-fried minced venison with chillies and holy basil (Neua pat bai grapao).
Ingredients (serves four)
500g venison mince
4 tbsp peanut oil
4 shallot sliced
6 cloves garlic sliced
3 green Thai chillies thinly sliced 1.5 tsp sugar
5 tbsp fish sauce
5 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
⅓ cup water
1 bunch Thai basil
How to make it
- Heat a wok to medium heat, add the peanut oil and cook the shallots and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon so there are no big clumps.
- Once sealed and the mince is browned, add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the Thai basil.
- Continue to cook for about 3 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Add the Thai basil and fold through.
- Serve with rice and serve immediately.